lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "David Fertig" <dfer...@cymfony.com>
Subject RE: a proof that every word is indexing properly
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 02:57:41 GMT
Stop words are never indexed; you may need to empty your stop list.

Luke (open-source w/code available) can browse and re-create documents
in indexes using their terms already.  Compare that to the original to
see if you are satisfied.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Linde [mailto:davidlinde@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2010 9:54 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: a proof that every word is indexing properly

Has anyone figured out a way to logically prove that lucene indexes ever
word properly?

Our company has done alot of research into lucene, all of our IT
department
is really impressed and excited about lucene *except* one of the older
search/indexing experts.
Who doesn't want to move to a new search engine, is there anyway to
logically prove, that lucene indexes every word properly?

One idea we considered is attempting to rebuild the source from the
but it seems like doing that would take a huge effort.

Any ideas or thoughts, would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
David