lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Earl Hood <>
Subject Re: Forcing specific index file names
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 20:29:36 GMT
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Chris Hostetter
<> wrote:
> files with the same names should be the same, files with differnet names
> should be very different -- but if your binary diff tool is finding
> commonalities between files in new segments as the index grows overtime,
> and you feel like you can take advantage of this, then i would suggest
> using a simple tool like "tar" to combine all of the index files int oa
> single file with a predictable name before running your diff tool.

I've considered that tar-style approach.

My initial query to the list was to see if I can avoid making
the patch creation program agnostic to the set of files.

Anyway, the tar-style approach seems the way to go if testing
confirms it is needed.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message