lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yakob <jacob...@opensuse-id.org>
Subject Re: precision and recall in lucene
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 12:25:40 GMT
On 12/1/10, Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:

> well you can't use those files with your own document collection.
> you need to populate the topics file with queries that you care about
> measuring.
> then you need to populate the qrels file with judgements for each
> query,  *for your collection*. you are saying this set of documents is
> relevant as a search result to this query.

can you give me an example of how to populate the topics file and
qrels file other than those on the LIA2 sample code? I still don't
understand of how these 2 files text work anyway. :-)

let me get this straight. I need to fill topics file with any query
that I want and qrels file with judgement. but what is the meaning of
judgement in this case?

--
http://jacobian.web.id