lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom scoring for searhing geographic objects
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 15:43:58 GMT
Sounds to me that lucene should do a pretty good job without any extra
work on your part.  See javadocs for
org.apache.lucene.search.Similarity
for details on how it works.  You can change things by providing your
own implementation.

There is also the org.apache.lucene.search.function package but that
is much more complex.

A web search for "lucene scoring" should find you lots of info.

--
Ian.