lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Earl Hood <e...@earlhood.com>
Subject Re: Forcing specific index file names
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:37:52 GMT
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 7:49 AM, Doron Cohen wrote:
> Perhaps I'll change my mind after understanding the scenario that creates
> this, but for now I'd rather not to ignore the file names differences.

It may be possible to control the data generation process, so
the filenames are consistent.  Changes in the filenames seem
to happen when doing incremental builds of the data sets, but
we may be allowed to require full builds of the data sets
for purposes of creating patch sets.

I do realize that the segment file is important also, so I would
take the collection of files (3 files that I know of) into account
if I have to deal with filename differences.

Since it appears that index file renaming is not readily available,
I will wait and see how some real-world scenarios work out to
determine if the different index filenames will be a major concern for
the project.

Thanks for everyone's feedback,

--ewh