lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: parsing Java log file with Lucene 3.0.3
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2011 02:24:21 GMT
<<<If I'll replace dot with commas it will appear with commas in search
results.>>>

No, that is not the case. Storing a field stores an exact copy of the
input, without any analysis. The intent of storing a field is to return
something to display in the results list that reflects the original
document. What use would it be to store something that had gone
through the analysis chain? Would you really want to show the user
say, the stemmed version of the input text?

Best
Erick