lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Forcing specific index file names
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 15:45:52 GMT
I'm missing something here. You mention "two versions of
a data set in a directory tree structure". The Lucene indexes
will have different names if they have been merged. Usually
this is a result of changing the data, issuing an optimize, etc.
That is, the data *is* different so it seems perfectly appropriate
to consider them new...

Lucene never changes an existing segments file once it is committed.
It only merges segments then deletes the old ones. So if the file names
are different, then it seems that renaming them wouldn't be what you
really want.

So either it really is an XY problem (as in "I really don't think you want
to do that") or I completely  misunderstand what
you're trying to do.

Best
Erick