lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David Linde <davidli...@gmail.com>
Subject a proof that every word is indexing properly
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 02:54:22 GMT
Has anyone figured out a way to logically prove that lucene indexes ever
word properly?

Our company has done alot of research into lucene, all of our IT department
is really impressed and excited about lucene *except* one of the older
search/indexing experts.
Who doesn't want to move to a new search engine, is there anyway to
logically prove, that lucene indexes every word properly?

One idea we considered is attempting to rebuild the source from the index,
but it seems like doing that would take a huge effort.

Any ideas or thoughts, would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
David