lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anshum <ansh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can lucene index survives a machine crash during the merge or optimize operation?
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2010 12:12:05 GMT
It pretty much can.
Generally, those operations happen on  a copy of the index and hence are
pretty much atomic. That is the reason why 2X the size of the index is
required only for the optimize operation.
You should get (buy) a copy of lucene in action 2nd ed from manning for a
lot of such info.

--
Anshum Gupta
http://ai-cafe.blogspot.com