lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yakob <jacob...@opensuse-id.org>
Subject Re: precision and recall in lucene
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 10:53:02 GMT
On 11/30/10, Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Yakob <jacobian@opensuse-id.org> wrote:
>
>> can you tell me what went wrong? what is the difference between
>> topicsFile and qrelsFile anyway?
>>

> well its hard to tell what you are supplying as topics and qrels.
> have a look at /src/lia/benchmark in the LIA2 sample code: it has an
> example topic and 3 rows in qrels for it.
>
> basically, the topicsFile contains the "queries", and the qrelsFile
> contains judgements as to which documents are relevant.
>
> P.S.: once you have an index, a topics, and a qrels file, you can just
> use org.apache.lucene.benchmark.quality.trec.QueryDriver (it has a
> main method)

well yes your information is really helpful.I did find a topics and
qrels file that come in /src/lia/benchmark in the LIA2 sample code.
and the result did change slightly.but the precision and recall value
is still zero. I did also happen to use QueryDriver as you're
suggesting and the result is also the same as precision and recall is
still zero. I really need the value of precision and recall to be
anything but zero

I also put this question in stackoverflow so you can check this link
if you wanted to know more of my problem.

http://t.co/t0hat0T

so any further advice would be helpful though :-)
--
http://jacobian.web.id