lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lev Alyshayev <lev.alysha...@gmail.com>
Subject FunctionQuery
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2010 18:42:25 GMT
Hello there,

I am trying to solve a problem where I use a new FunctionQuery to sort the
results by changing the score. The functionality works great when I actually
find results and it sorts them exactly the way I intended.

My problem is that when there are no results found, from some reason the
function is being used on all documents, rather then on no documents. Same
query without the function query brings no results, but when I add a
function query it returns me all documents after putting them through the
function I created.

When I search for the following I get no results:
http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=text:something&fl=score

Same query with the function query included, gives me all documents in the
http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=text:something+_val_
:"eqsim(somefield,sometext)"&fl=score

Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance,