lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: precision and recall in lucene
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 11:55:59 GMT
On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 5:53 AM, Yakob <jacobian@opensuse-id.org> wrote:

> well yes your information is really helpful.I did find a topics and
> qrels file that come in /src/lia/benchmark in the LIA2 sample code.
> and the result did change slightly.but the precision and recall value
> is still zero. I did also happen to use QueryDriver as you're
> suggesting and the result is also the same as precision and recall is
> still zero. I really need the value of precision and recall to be
> anything but zero

well you can't use those files with your own document collection.
you need to populate the topics file with queries that you care about measuring.
then you need to populate the qrels file with judgements for each
query,  *for your collection*. you are saying this set of documents is
relevant as a search result to this query.