lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Benzion G <benzi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: parsing Java log file with Lucene 3.0.3
Date Sat, 01 Jan 2011 21:47:22 GMT

Hi,

Of course I thought about replacing dots by commas or blanks. But I add this
field as Filed.Store.YES.
If I'll replace dot with commas it will appear with commas in search
results.

I also considered adding it as 2 fields:
1. With dots replaced by commas for index and Filed.Store.NO
2. The original message with Filed.Store.YES and not indexed.

But I'm afraid it will make my index files much bigger. Since I'm indexing
log files the index will be anyway too big so I can't make it even bigger.