lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene index exchange format?
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 12:08:58 GMT
You can do this in trunk right now using the Codec capability.  In fact, there is a text version
already, but it is likely to be really slow on anything significant.  You could likely produce
something that is faster but still readable.

On Nov 9, 2010, at 5:46 AM, Paul Libbrecht wrote:

> hello list,
>
> more and more I seem to encounter situations where the delivery of a prebuilt lucene
index is desirable.

> The binary format probably works (experience hints would be welcome) but I fear it would
be fragile with versioning (it certainly fails at version-downgrading).

> Did anyone work on a lucene import-export format? Something like XML that would load
fairly fast provided I/O goes fast?