lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ciprian URSU <ursu....@gmail.com>
Subject Can I use Lucene for this?
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2010 14:23:57 GMT
Hi Guys,

        I just find out about Lucene; after reading the main things on wiki
it seems to be a great tool, but I still didn't find out how can I use it
for my needs. What I want to do is a small tool which has some documents
(mainly text) inside and then when I have a new document as input, to
compare it with all those which are stored and to give me back as a
percentage of similarity. I have read this part:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ScoresAsPercentages but it is not yet
very clear to me how to use Lucene for that. Is it possible that some of you
have a sample code for that?
        Thanks a lot, and I apologize for the fact that for many of you this
looks like a stupid post :).

Best Regards,
Ciprian.