lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <>
Subject Re: uncorrect results
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 18:38:39 GMT
Jan, can you elaborate the problem a little more. I see you do
indextime analysis with lowercasing (look at LowerCaseTokenizer btw.)
but you don't do lowercaseing at query time.
You could also use the QueryParser to create phrase query automatically though.

Could you give us an idea what the "wrong" documents look like an what
it matched?

One more unrelated question, what course are you doing - just out of curiosity.

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 5:47 PM, Jan <> wrote:
> Hi,
> i have an assignment in my Text Analytics class. I am supposed to create
> an index and search it. The corpus is a PubMed-like XML file. it is
> possible to query terms (programcall a few terms) and phrases
> (programcall "a phrase").
> When a phrase is queried the program should answer how often the phrase
> occured.
> The problem is, on certain queries the IndexSearcher returns some
> documents that do not have that particular query in its fields.
> I'd be delighted if someone could tell me what i am doing wrong.
> See the source code at my github repo
> Thanks in advance
> jan
> PS: I use Lucene 3.0.2 and the OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6
> 1.8.2) on an 64 bit Linux machine.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message