lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jorge Handl <>
Subject Re: IndexTank technology...
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:05:03 GMT
> Does anyone know what technology they are using:
> Is it Lucene under the hood?
> Thanks, and apologies for cross-posting.
> -Glen

I happen to be one of Indextank's developers, so I think I'm qualified to
answer your question! ;)
We do use a small portion of Lucene, namely the index file structure and
tokenizer, but not much else. We think lucene's inverted index is a good
implementation and didn't want to mess with tokenizers at this point, so we
didn't feel the need to replace those, although we might in the future.