lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jason Rutherglen <jason.rutherg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: API access to in-memory tii file (3.x not flex).
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 05:12:52 GMT
Yeah that's customizing the Lucene source. :)  I should have gone into
more detail, I will next time.

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 2:10 PM, Michael McCandless
<lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
> Actually, the .tii file pre-flex (3.x) is nearly identical to the .tis
> file, just that it only contains every 128th term.
>
> If you just make SegmentTermEnum public (or, sneak your class into
> oal.index package) then you can instantiate SegmentTermsEnum passing
> it an IndexInput opened on the .tii file.
>
> Then you can enum the terms directly...
>
> Mike
>
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Burton-West, Tom <tburtonw@umich.edu> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> We have an extremely large number of terms in our indexes.  I want to be able to
extract a sample of the terms, say something like every 128th term.   If I use code based
on org.apache.lucene.misc.HighFreqTerms or org.apache.lucene.index.CheckIndex I would get
a TermsEnum, call termEnum.next() 128 times, grab the term and then call next another 128
times.
>> termEnum = reader.terms();
>> while (termEnum.next()
>> { }
>>
>> Since the tii file contains every 128th (or IndexInterval ) term and it is loaded
into memory, is there some programmatic way (in the public API) to read that data structure
in memory rather than having to force Lucene to actually read the entire tis file by using
termEnum.next() ?