lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Deleted File Handles - Index Writer
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 22:21:28 GMT
Are you using compound file format (the default)?

If you turn that off (just for this test) do you still see that
IndexWriter is holding open the files (35 in your example) after you
close all readers?

I've found a case, only with compound file, where IndexWriter holds
open a SegmentReader on the pre-compound-file files... I'm working on
a test case & fix.

Mike