lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TermRangeQuery
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2010 14:39:47 GMT
Absolutely, as long as your ids will sort as you expect.

I'm not clear what you mean by XDF-123 but if you've got

AAA-123
AAA-124
ABC-123
ABC-234
etc.

then you'll be fine.  If they don't sort so neatly you can use the
TermRangeQuery constructor that takes a Collator but note the
performance warning in the javadocs.

--
Ian.

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Amin Mohammed-Coleman <aminmc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I was wondering whether I can use TermRangeQuery for my use case.  I have a collection
of ids (represented as XDF-123) and I would like to do a search for all the ids (might be
in the range of 10000) and for each matching id I want to get the corresponding data that
is stored in the index (for example the document contains id and string value).  I am using
a custom collector to collect that string value for each match.  Is it ok to use a TermRangeQuery
for the ids rather than creating a massive query string?