lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: API access to in-memory tii file (3.x not flex).
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 22:10:23 GMT
Actually, the .tii file pre-flex (3.x) is nearly identical to the .tis
file, just that it only contains every 128th term.

If you just make SegmentTermEnum public (or, sneak your class into
oal.index package) then you can instantiate SegmentTermsEnum passing
it an IndexInput opened on the .tii file.

Then you can enum the terms directly...

Mike

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Burton-West, Tom <tburtonw@umich.edu> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We have an extremely large number of terms in our indexes.  I want to be able to extract
a sample of the terms, say something like every 128th term.   If I use code based on org.apache.lucene.misc.HighFreqTerms
or org.apache.lucene.index.CheckIndex I would get a TermsEnum, call termEnum.next() 128 times,
grab the term and then call next another 128 times.
> termEnum = reader.terms();
> while (termEnum.next()
> { }
>
> Since the tii file contains every 128th (or IndexInterval ) term and it is loaded into
memory, is there some programmatic way (in the public API) to read that data structure in
memory rather than having to force Lucene to actually read the entire tis file by using termEnum.next()
?