lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anshum <ansh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the difference between the "AND" and "+" operator?
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:23:52 GMT
Hi Yang,
About the difference between a filter and a query, the essential one is,
filter does not calculate score/relevance and so the sort would vary.
Also, having "No" to be escaped while query formation is, by using
appropriate query parser. You may also use an analyzer and search for all
terms as optional i.e. an OR query in conjunction with
setMinimumNumberShouldMatch
http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_0_1/api/core/org/apache/lucene/search/BooleanQuery.html#setMinimumNumberShouldMatch(int)
<http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_0_1/api/core/org/apache/lucene/search/BooleanQuery.html#setMinimumNumberShouldMatch(int)>Finally
all would depend on the case at hand and what you think is the
expected behavior of search.
Hope this helps.
--
Anshum Gupta