lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Pulkit Singhal <pulkitsing...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: uncorrect results
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 18:05:07 GMT
Briefly looked at your code and there is no way that I'm right about
this but I'll say it anyway:
Every single field you index doesn't have any NORMS so how will the
scoring happen?
It probably happens based on the matches at query time but its not
like you are specifying any boosts in you query.
Lucene has a complex scoring formula that I don't claim to fully
understand ... but what if somehow (stay with me, don't shoot the
messenger) due to the fact that you have no NORMS at all, the results
being collected somehow give a score to the document that doesn't have
a match at all and therefore present it in the results?

Just a theory (a bad one perhaps) ... but one which can be easily
blown away by using ANALYZED in your indexer and then trying again.

- Pulkit