lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Amin Mohammed-Coleman <ami...@gmail.com>
Subject TermRangeQuery
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2010 14:18:39 GMT
Hi All

I was wondering whether I can use TermRangeQuery for my use case.  I have a collection of
ids (represented as XDF-123) and I would like to do a search for all the ids (might be in
the range of 10000) and for each matching id I want to get the corresponding data that is
stored in the index (for example the document contains id and string value).  I am using a
custom collector to collect that string value for each match.  Is it ok to use a TermRangeQuery
for the ids rather than creating a massive query string?

Thanks
Amin