lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the best Analyzer and Parser for this type of question?
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 05:56:23 GMT
First, to understand what your query looks like, go to
admin/analysis.jsp. It lets you see what happens to your queries when
they go in. Then, do the query with debugQuery=true. This will add some
complex junk to the end of the XML page that describes in painful detail
exactly how each document was scored.

After all that- you might have a problem with the PrnP etc. stuff
getting chopped up in weird ways. I don't know how people handle this in
chemistry/bio search.

Lance

Ahmet Arslan wrote:

>> Example of Question:
>> - What is the role of PrnP in mad cow disease?
>>
> First thing is do not directly query questions. Manually formulate queries:
> remove 'what' 'is' 'the' 'of' '?' etc.
>
> For example i would convert this question into:
>
> "mad cow"^5 "cow disease"^3 "mad cow disease"^15 "role PrnP"~5^2 "role mad cow disease"~45
mad^0.1 role^0.5 cow disease PrnP^10

can inspire you.  http://trec.nist.gov/pubs/trec16/papers/ibm-haifa.mq.final.pdf