lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Rewig <tre...@mufin.com>
Subject Re: File Handle Leaks During Lucene 3.0.2 Merge
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:18:30 GMT
  Hello,
please excuse that I hijack this old thread but I have the same problem
with the deleted file handles, so I think this is the right place for.

I also integrated the searchManager in our Code and see the file handles
fluctuate up and down. At first glance the situation seems stable but
the count of the deleted file handles never drops to zero and I think
the deleted file handles are constantly rising. About +50 handles stay
per day by refreshing the searchers every 2 minutes and committing after
10 minutes. I think some deleted handles remain open after the
committing, but I could not figure out why. The max value of deleted
handles until now was about 250, because the Index will be changed after
a few days. Jamie could you achieve that all deleted handles have been
removed? Do you have some information how to repair this or is that an
expected behavior and the amount of the deleted file handles will be
stable - but first at a amount of 500 or so.

Thanks in advance

Thomas