lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Burton-West, Tom" <tburt...@umich.edu>
Subject API access to in-memory tii file (3.x not flex).
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:02:51 GMT
Hello all,

We have an extremely large number of terms in our indexes.  I want to be able to extract a
sample of the terms, say something like every 128th term.   If I use code based on org.apache.lucene.misc.HighFreqTerms
or org.apache.lucene.index.CheckIndex I would get a TermsEnum, call termEnum.next() 128 times,
grab the term and then call next another 128 times.
termEnum = reader.terms();
while (termEnum.next()
{ }

Since the tii file contains every 128th (or IndexInterval ) term and it is loaded into memory,
is there some programmatic way (in the public API) to read that data structure in memory rather
than having to force Lucene to actually read the entire tis file by using termEnum.next()
?

Tom Burton-West
http://www.hathitrust.org/blogs/large-scale-search