lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Amin Mohammed-Coleman <ami...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TermRangeQuery
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2010 16:34:24 GMT
Hi

Unfortunately my range query approach did not work.   It seems to be related to the ids themselves.
 The list has ids that look this:

ID-NYC-1234
ID-LND-1234
TX-NYC-1334
TX-NYC-BBC-123

The ids may range from 90 to 1000.  Is there another approach I could take?  I tried building
a string with all the ids and set them against a field for example:

dataId: ID-NYC-123 dataId: ID-NYC-1234....

but that's not a great approach I know...

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Amin

On 26 Nov 2010, at 14:39, Ian Lea wrote:

> Absolutely, as long as your ids will sort as you expect.
>
> I'm not clear what you mean by XDF-123 but if you've got
>
> AAA-123
> AAA-124
> ABC-123
> ABC-234
> etc.
>
> then you'll be fine.  If they don't sort so neatly you can use the
> TermRangeQuery constructor that takes a Collator but note the
> performance warning in the javadocs.
>

> --
> Ian.
>

> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Amin Mohammed-Coleman <aminmc@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I was wondering whether I can use TermRangeQuery for my use case.  I have a collection
of ids (represented as XDF-123) and I would like to do a search for all the ids (might be
in the range of 10000) and for each matching id I want to get the corresponding data that
is stored in the index (for example the document contains id and string value).  I am using
a custom collector to collect that string value for each match.  Is it ok to use a TermRangeQuery
for the ids rather than creating a massive query string?