lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Brian C. Dilley" <>
Subject Non matched terms
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 01:41:46 GMT
Hi, I'm using Lucene for a search project and I have the following
requirements and I was wondering if one of you fine folks could point me
in the right direction (currently i'm using the RAMDirectory,
IndexSearcher, StandardAnalyzer and QueryParser):

Given the example search string:

"red leather calvin klein shiny pants"

I will be searching 2 indexes.  One is an index of category names the
other is an index of attributes.  Lets say the following happens:

red - matches an attribute
leather - matches an attribute
calvin klein - matches an antribute
pants - matches a category
shiny - matches nothing.

I want to identify the non-matching "shiny" search term.  That is, given
a search string i want lucene to tell me what part(s) of it don't match

Is this possible?  I've tried using extractTerms (along with another API
call that I am forgetting the name of right now) but it doesn't work for
all Query types (ie: Fuzzy).

Thanks in advance!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: