lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Claudia Grieco" <>
Subject Retrieve found keywords from document
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 11:48:18 GMT
Hi guys,

I have this problem:

I'm using Lucene to create a search engine on people profiles.

I have a set of hobbies (let's say {"reading" , "singing"} for example)  and
I want to find people who have at least one of these hobbies AND which of
these hobbies they have.

Currently I search for each one of these hobbies (ex, one search for
reading, one search for singing) but since the list of hobbies is very long
(200+) I'd like to do the following:

1)Do ONE search that finds all the documents who have at least an hobby in
the text ( this is easily accomplished using BooleanQuery)

2)For each document, retrieve the keywords found.

Do you have any ideas on how to do n# 2?

Thank you