lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Claudia Grieco" <gri...@crmpa.unisa.it>
Subject R: Retrieve found keywords from document
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 13:27:03 GMT
What I call "profile" is free text (extracted from a pdf) and not the result
of the user listing hobbies in a form
So to store hobbies in a field called "hobbies" I have to extract hobbies
from text first...is it possible to do it using Lucene?

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Ian Lea [mailto:ian.lea@gmail.com]
Inviato: giovedì 25 novembre 2010 13.01
A: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Oggetto: Re: Retrieve found keywords from document

Can't you just store the hobbies as standard stored fields
(Field.Store.YES), or as a single field, call doc.get("hobbies") and
do what you want with them?

This sounds rather like faceting - if so you might want to consider
using Solr.  http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrFacetingOverview

--
Ian.

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Claudia Grieco <grieco@crmpa.unisa.it>
wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have this problem:
>
> I'm using Lucene to create a search engine on people profiles.
>
> I have a set of hobbies (let's say {"reading" , "singing"} for example)
 and