lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jan Burse <janbu...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Query Formalism for Texts with Program Code
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 19:03:47 GMT
Dear All

Was setting up a web search with a query language
that uses (, !, ), ^, *, ?, {, } and < in its syntax.
For example:

   hot dog:     Looks for documents with hot and
                dog in close vincinity.
   (hot dog):   Looks for documents with hot or
                dog in it.

This all went fine as long as I was using it for
natural language texts. But now I have also
content in the form of program code. I now
would like to do a search:

    hot(dog):   Should look for documents with
                an invocation of hot with argument
                dog.

How does lucene deal with this type of text?

Bye