lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Harwood <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Merge and commit behaviour - changed between 2.4 and 2.9?
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 17:13:20 GMT
Having upgraded a live system from 2.4 to 2.9.3 the client is reporting a change in merge behaviour
that is causing some issues with their update monitoring logic.

The suggestion is that any merge operations now complete as part of the IW.prepareCommit()
call rather than previously when they ran in the background after IW.commit calls.
This seems to make sense to me but I couldn't see any direct reference to this change in behaviour
in changes.txt.

Can anyone confirm this change between versions?

Cheers,
Mark