lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sykes, Derek" <Derek.Sy...@morganstanley.com>
Subject determining the type of a term - retrieving a payload
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 15:37:37 GMT
Hi there,

I'm currently trying to work out how I can determine the type (string/number/date/etc)of a
term.  I've not seen any off the shelf way to do it so am trying to store a payload against
each term that records the type.

I'm having a little trouble retrieving a payload I'd stored onto the term.  At the moment
I'm using the TypeAsPayloadTokenFilter, however I'll change this soon as it's not really what
I'm after.

I'm then getting a TermEnum from either reader.terms() or using a PrefixTermEnum.

For each term I want the payload from I'm running this function:

    private String getPayload(Term term) {
        String payload = null;
        try {
            TermPositions termPositions = reader.termPositions(term);
            termPositions.next();
            if (termPositions.isPayloadAvailable()) {
                byte[] payloadBytes = new byte[termPositions.getPayloadLength()];
                payloadBytes = termPositions.getPayload(payloadBytes, 0);
                payload = new String(payloadBytes);
                LOG.debug(payload);
            }
        }
        catch( IOException e) {

This never returns anything though.

Am I missing something here?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Derek

NOTICE: Morgan Stanley is not acting as a municipal advisor and the opinions or views contained
herein are not intended to be, and do not constitute, advice within the meaning of Section
975 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. If you have received
this communication in error, please destroy all electronic and paper copies and notify the
sender immediately. Mistransmission is not intended to waive confidentiality or privilege.
Morgan Stanley reserves the right, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to monitor
electronic communications. This message is subject to terms available at the following link:
http://www.morganstanley.com/disclaimers. If you cannot access these links, please notify
us by reply message and we will send the contents to you. By messaging with Morgan Stanley
you consent to the foregoing.