lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nilesh Vijaywargiay <nilesh.vi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene index update
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 05:52:13 GMT
One major reason is to update a field or rather shadow a field.
i have a field named "testField" in index1 and i want to update that field.
When I update, I want only the new value to be reflected, not the value in
old field.
now parallelreader starts from the latest index, i.e index2 and searches for
'testField'. It gets a hit in the index2 itself and doesn't go forward. Thus
I am shadowing the old value of 'testField' with the new value. Does that
make sense?