lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Recreate segment infos
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 10:26:53 GMT
How did you lose your segments file...?

This was discussed before but I don't think the idea ever turned into a tool.

I think it should be possible.  You'd have to sort all files, deriving
segment names from the prefixes.  Then, you have to reconstruct the
metadata required for SegmentInfo.  EG open the fdx file to get
numDocs, the .del file to get delCount, check for prx file to set
.haxProx, etc.

You'd have to carefully map segment -> doc store segment.  Multiple
segments in a row may share the same docStore segment.  In this case
the docStore segment is given the same name as the first segment that
shares it.  However, unfortunately, because of merging, it's possible
that this mapping is not easy (maybe not possible, depending on the
merge policy...) to reconstruct.  I think this'll be the hardest part
:)

Mike