lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paulo Levi <i30...@gmail.com>
Date Sun, 31 Oct 2010 16:17:54 GMT
I'm stepping tru a rdf file (the project gutenberg catalog) and sending data
to a lucene index to allow searches of titles authors and such. However the
gutenberg rdf is a little bit "special". It has two sections, one for title,
authors, collaborators and such, and (after all the books) starts the other
section that has the download links. The connection is a kind of foreign key
that exists on both tags (a unique number id). While i don't need to search
the download link, i do need to save it.

I'm memory limited and can't put in memory the 200 mb file that the catalog
is. I'm wondering if there is some way for me to use the number id to
connect both kinds of information without having to keep things in memory. A
first search for the things i want, and a second using the number id?
It seems very clumsy. I'm not actually using a database, and i don't want to
use very large libraries. Compass is 60 mbs (!). I tried lucenesail for a
while, but it has stopped working and the code is a mess (it is not adapted
to the filtering of the gutemberg rdf that i'm doing).