lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Merge and commit behaviour - changed between 2.4 and 2.9?
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 22:31:57 GMT
Hmm that shouldn't be the case, I think?

In both 2.4 and 2.9.x (and all later versions), neither .prepareCommit
nor .commit wait for merges.

That said, if a merge happens to complete before you call those
methods, then it is in fact committed.

Mike

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Mark Harwood <markharw00d@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Having upgraded a live system from 2.4 to 2.9.3 the client is reporting a change in merge
behaviour that is causing some issues with their update monitoring logic.

> The suggestion is that any merge operations now complete as part of the IW.prepareCommit()
call rather than previously when they ran in the background after IW.commit calls.