lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ParallelReader
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 00:55:41 GMT
No. And you don't even want to try... Document IDs are NOT invariant.
Particularly
when you delete a document and optimize an index, all the documents that
come
after the deleted one get new doc IDs. Trying to keep these two indexes in
synch
will be a nightmare.

Perhaps you could explain what you're trying to accomplish and we could
suggest
other approaches. See:

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#xyproblem

Your question appears to be an "XY Problem" ... that is: you are dealing
with "X", you are assuming "Y" will help you, and you are asking about "Y"
without giving more details about the "X" so that we can understand the
full issue.  Perhaps the best solution doesn't involve "Y" at all?
See Also: http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=542341

Best,
Erick