lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sahin Buyrukbilen <sahin.buyrukbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get the score of a term in a document?
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2010 03:49:42 GMT
Hi Erick,

I mean the score of a term in a document (we can think this as a one word
query) which is calculated by using "Default Similarity". Actually, when I
walk through my index term-by-term, Luke shows me the number of documents in
which the term exists. And for each document there is a score field. please
check the attachment for the screenshot. I am very new to the jargon of
Lucene, so I am sorry if I explain things in an incorrect way.

My question is: For a term in the index, can we retrieve the value (here I
say score) calculated by using default similarity? Is this a value which is
already stored in the index or is it calculated on the fly by Luke (since I
can only see by using Luke)?

My goal is to create an inverted index and write it into a text file in the
following form:

Term t        ft         Inverted list for t
big              2        <2, 0.148> <3, 0.088>
in                5        <6, 0.159> <2, 0.143> <5, 0.088> <1, 0.076>
<4,
0.065>
-
-
-
-
-
so on for all terms. Here ft is the total frequency of term t in the whole
index, <docID , score > pairs are ID of the document in which term t has a
score, and these pairs are listed according to the decreasing order of
scores.

I checked through the documentation, and found scorer class but couldnt
understand how to use it.

I hope this is a kind of better explanation.

Best.
Sahin.