lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: flushing index
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:45:20 GMT
It's a good idea to start a new thread when asking a different question,
see:
http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack

<http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack>I have to ask why you want
to integrate the RAM directory. If you're using it
to speed up indexing, you're probably making way more work for yourself
than you need to. If you're trying to do something with Near Real Time, one
suggestion is to just not bother. Add docs to the RAM directory AND your
FSDirectory simultaneously. The data you index to FSDir won't be visible
until you reopen the FSDir reader, so your flush could then be just
reopen everything...

Best
Erick