lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How about lucene's delete performance ?
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 20:54:45 GMT
Hello,

Of course, if you actually want the last 7 days rolling effect and not the this
week vs. previous week, then you could go with smaller indices, say daily ones.
Then you'd always add new docs to the latest index and removing the oldest index
completely every 24 hours.

You could go hourly, too, depending on your exact needs.

Otis
----