lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sergey <semy...@yandex.ru>
Subject Re: How to find performance bottleneck
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 05:08:35 GMT
I do some warmup queries on both machines.
I also checked heap size, it is 1G on 32 bit and 4G on 64 bit machine.

I also have SATA disk on 32 bit and SCSI on 64 bit. So I/O should not be a problem.
Actually if I'm using MMapDirectory and doing the same query over and over again I would guess
the part of the file that is being used is placed into RAM.

Sergey