lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jan Engler <>
Subject Case insensitive search
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 09:56:00 GMT
Hi everybody,

I am currently working on a system which stores objects in a database.
For searching these objects I use a lucene indexer which adds all
metadata of these objects as fields to a lucene document. Those metadata
are for instance title, author, etc. I am storing the fields inside
lucene as they are, like: author:Jan, title: Question to the Lucene
What I want to do now is case-insensitive searching, so that the above
example will match a query like author:jan or author:jAn. I want to
return the Fields as the search result without touching the DB. That's
why I do not store the results in lowercase.
Is there any possibility to leave the index as it is (mixed lowercase
and uppercase) but allow the search to be case-insensitive?

I am using the Lucene 3.0.2 and (for now) the StandardAnalyzer...

Thanks for your help and best wishes from Germany,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message