lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Hermann <herm...@informatik.uni-freiburg.de>
Subject scorePayload does not get called
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2010 14:54:38 GMT
Hello,

i'm trying to introduce an additional weighting using payloads.

Therefore i implemented my own Similarity class (see below) and implemented
scorePayload().

My problem is, that scorePayload() is not called during search.
On the other Hand i overwrote the tf() method and that one gets called during
searching.
I am also using PayloadTermQuery, so that should make the scorePayload()
method get called.

Anyone has an Idea what i'm doing wrong?

---------
IndexSearcher searcher = getIndexSearcher(dir);
searcher.setSimilarity(new MySimilarity());
Term t = new Term(TikaConstants.FIELD_CONTENT, SEARCHTERM);
Query q = new PayloadTermQuery(t, new AveragePayloadFunction());
TopDocs docs = searcher.search(q, 15);
---------
public class MySimilarity extends DefaultSimilarity {

	@Override
	public float tf(float freq) {
		System.out.println("TF");
	        return super.tf(freq);
	}

	@Override
	public float scorePayload(int docID, String fieldName, int start,
						int end, byte[] payload, int offset,
						int length) {
		System.out.println("Called!");
		if (payload != null) {
			float boost = PayloadContainer.getBoost(payload);
			System.out.println("Boosting: "  + boost);
			return boost;
		} else {
			return 1.0f;
		}