lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From subwayne <labrassband...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: IndexSearch very slow after reopening the index
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 13:31:22 GMT

Ok, I read the Wiki page related to improving the searching speed and adopted
some advices. One of the slow queries is simply. Here are some:

plaintext:guid
107.0 ms
resultSet.totalHits = 1

plaintext:allianc
51.0 ms
resultSet.totalHists = 1

plaintext:engin
46.0 ms
resultSet.totalHits = 1

plaintext:servicetec
46.0 ms
resultSet.totalHits = 1

.. and so on. I pose about one hundred queries for each category. Therefore,
I retrieve a list of documents of a category by utilizing a QueryFilter:

Term luceneTerm = new Term("plaintext", stemmer.process(candidate));
TermQuery termQuery = new TermQuery(luceneTerm);
Filter qf = new CachingWrapperFilter(new QueryWrapperFilter(termQuery));

TopDocs resultSet = searcher.search(lTerm, qf, Integer.MAX_VALUE);

Each subsequent query is "only" 46 ms instead of 107 ms. However, I think it
is very slow. Note that these values are taken while the Lucene index is in
the RAM (RAMDirectory). It makes no difference in time if I am using the
RAMDirectory or NFIOSDirectory.

Thanks for further advices.