lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Condit <con...@sdsc.edu>
Subject Best practice for embedding extra information in an index
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 19:11:25 GMT
I'm curious about embedding extra information in an index (and being able to search the extra
information as well). In this case certain tokens correspond to recognized entities with ids.
I'd like to get the ids into the index so that searching for the id of the entity will also
return that document. I can think of three ways and I was curious if there's a preferred way:
1) Add the id as another token during filtering
2) Add the id as a payload
3) Add the id as an attribute (although I don't know how to search on the attribute value)

Thanks,
-Chris