lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Pulkit Singhal <>
Subject Checksum and transactional safety for lucene indexes
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 00:19:44 GMT
Hello Everyone,

What happens if:
a) lucene index gets written half-way to the disk and then something goes wrong?
b) the index gets corrupted on the file system?

When we open that directory location again using FSDirectory implementations:
a) Is there any provision for the code to clean out the previous file
and start a new index file because the older one was corrupted and
didn't match the checksum?
b) Or can we check that the # of documents that can be found in the
underlying index are now ZERO because they can't be parsed properly?
How can we do this?

- Pulkit

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: