lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From findbestopensource <findbestopensou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we just update one field of a document in a lucene index, and leave other fields along?
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 09:33:28 GMT
Hi fulin,

It is not possible. You need to add / update as a document. Even if you
modify a single field, you need to add all the fields. Update is nothing but
Delete and Add operation.

If you don't have the information of rest of the fields then you may need to
search and retreive the document, modify the single field and then update
the same.

Regards
Aditya
www.findbestopensource.com