lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Filters do not work with MultiSearcher?
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 16:32:01 GMT
This is "working as designed".

Note this method:
  public DocIdSet getDocIdSet(IndexReader indexReader) throws IOException {
        return openBitSet;
    }

You must pay attention to the IndexReader passed - and the DocIdSet
returned must always be based on that reader (and the first document
of every reader is always 0).  So returning the same DocIdSet each
time is not valid and will result in errors.

-Yonik
http://lucenerevolution.org  Lucene/Solr Conference, Boston Oct 7-8

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Nader, John P <john.nader@cengage.com> wrote:
> We are attempting to perform a filtered search on two indices joined by a MultiSearcher.
 Unfortunately, it appears there is an issue in the lucene code that is causing the filter
to be simply reused at the starting ordinal for each individual index instead of being augmented
by the starting document identifier.  We are hoping there is an alternate API that will allow
us to perform a filtered search on multiple indices.

> For example, we have two indices with three documents each, and a filter containing only
doc ID 1.  When we perform a filtered search on a MultiSearcher that joins these two indices,
we get two documents back (1, 4), where we were expecting only the one.  This is because
the MultiSearcher, instead of starting at doc ID 3 for the second index, is interpreting the
filter individually for each index.

> We are using Lucene 3.0.2.  The API we see this behavior with is MultiSearcher.search(Query,
Filter, nDocs) with a MatchAllDocsQuery and the filter code pasted below: